J2EE or Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition Explained By ISM UNIV
J2EE or Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition is designed exclusively for mainframe scale computing medium & large scale enterprises. Sun Microsystems designed this J2EE along with IBM for simplifying the development of application for thin client tiered ambiance. Its main aim is to reduce the application development programming procedure and needed training for the programmer through enabling standardized as well as reusable modular components by enabled tier for handling automatically many programming aspects.
The major components of this J2EE are:
- JDK or Java Development Kit comes with core language pack in it.
- Portability is another component in it to enable Write Once Run Anywhere concept successfully.
- There will be support for CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture), which is a procedure, belongs to EJB in order to communicate java objects with the CORBA objects locally as well as over network with the help of interface broker.
- JDBC 2.0 and ODBC included in it as standard interface for the java database.
- It comes with a reliable security model in it to safeguard locally as well as over the web.
Additional Components of J2EE to add with J2SE model and those are:
- There will be complete support for EJB, which is a server based technology to deliver program components within enterprise environment. It also supports XML too along with the enhanced security & deployment features in it.
- The Java Servlets application program interface in it helps to increase consistency for the developers through requiring no GUI.
- It comes with data manipulation and accessibility web enabled feature in it with JSP which is equivalent to Microsoft’s ASP.
J2EE Architecture and Its Major Elements
- The J2EE is a standardized programming model for the application development and it will facilitate developer to work in multi tier environment as well as for the development of the thin client apps.
- This platform comes with all necessary APIs and policies intact in it like JMS and java servelets.
- It comes with J2EE Compatibility Test Suite in it in order to ensure all the J2EE products will be totally compatible with platform standards.
- It comes with Reference Implementation in it that will explain all the J2EE capabilities and offers the exact operational definition to the developer.